We are seeking an entry level Investment Analyst / Associate (Pre-MBA) in our Venture Capital practice. The Associate will work closely with the Managing Director and Portfolio Managers to assist with due diligence of potential private market investment opportunities, financial modeling, portfolio monitoring and evaluation. The ideal candidate will have an interest in learning the venture capital asset class and gaining network and relationships with various market participants.
ATTENTION: Your application will not be considered without a personalized cover letter.
- Conduct due diligence on primary, co-investment (syndicate) and secondary limited partnership investment opportunities across an array of VC fund types, geographies and strategies.
- Assist in performing analysis on data related to managers’ track records and client portfolios.
- Assist team in preparing variety of document and presentations including memos, proposals, and presentations in Powerpoint, Excel, and Word.
- Review VC fund offering materials, quarterly reports and accounting records for information.
- Perform in-depth industry research.
- Support marketing efforts by reaching out to investors as well as assisting in organizing events and producing marketing materials.
- Assist the Managing Director and Portfolio Managers with related projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering/ Finance/ Economic degree. It is a pre-MBA position.
- 0-2 years of investment experience (VC/PE, investment banking, private equity, secondaries).
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions.
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques.
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Powerpoint presentations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Technically savvy.
If interested, please apply here.