TransLink Capital is an early-stage venture capital firm headquartered in Palo Alto with 4 offices in Asia: Beijing, Seoul, Taipei and Tokyo. We leverage proprietary Asia insight from our corporate strategic partners in Greater China, Japan and Korea to invest in U.S. technology start-ups and add value by providing access to these strategic Asian partners.
We are seeking an energetic, ambitious Associate. You will have the opportunity to work closely with all members of the investment team as well as our strategic partners in Asia. You will be actively involved in the entire spectrum of our investment process. Also, you will be expected to proactively support interactions with our LPs and corporate partners and assist in the firm’s operations.
Major responsibilities include the following:
- Performing in-depth industry/tech trend research and sharing knowledge with corporate partners and the team
- Developing investment theses based on primary research and market insight and intuition
- Proactively identifying investment opportunities and building a relationship with entrepreneurs and other venture firms to generate high quality deal flow
- Assisting in due diligence for potential new investments, driving efforts around market research, competitive landscape, financial modeling, and reference calls to customers and business partners
- Writing up deal memos and presenting deal analysis to the Investment Committee
- Supporting portfolio companies and corporate partners
- Assisting the team with company events, developing and maintaining internal systems and reports, and other fund operational tasks
The ideal candidate has a background that includes:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a top program (preferably with MBA degree and technical background)
- 2-4 years of work experience, preferably in consulting, banking, or strategy/business development function at a major corporation; alternatively technical candidates holding engineering or product roles at startups or larger companies are also welcome
- Ability to speak Japanese, Korean, or Mandarin Chinese is strongly preferred, to facilitate communication with our Asian corporate strategic partners
- Strong interest in new technology and trends, early-stage startups, entrepreneurship, and investments
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills to serve as a TransLink ambassador in the startup community
- Ability to interact professionally with strategic corporate partners
- Self-starter mentality, working well within a team but with an ability to work independently
- Positive attitude, team spirit, willingness to learn different cultural settings
If interested, please apply here.