Touchdown Ventures is a corporate venture capital (CVC) firm that partners with corporations to invest in early and growth stage companies across a variety of industries, including media, retail, manufacturing, enterprise software, healthcare and food & beverage. Touchdown has started and operated more CVC programs than any other firm in history. With a team of 30+ investment professionals across Philadelphia, San Francisco and Los Angeles offices, the firm has launched or managed more than a dozen corporate venture programs and provides professional expertise to deliver financial and strategic returns.
We are expanding our team and hiring a venture capital associate to join the Philadelphia office. The candidate will have the opportunity to obtain significant venture capital investment experience. The candidate will work closely with the leadership team at Touchdown and be responsible for a variety of investment tasks with a particular emphasis on sourcing new investments, providing financial analysis and due diligence support related to new investment opportunities, and helping to manage Touchdown’s relationship with its corporate partners.
• Work with senior investment professionals to manage our corporate venture capital funds
• Identify and source attractive investment opportunities
• Meet with entrepreneurs and evaluate their business plans and pitches
• Conduct research on new investment sectors of interest
• Perform due diligence on prospective investments
• Prepare presentations and associated analysis related to managing our corporate venture capital funds
• Track and report on deal flow generated by our team
You must be detail-oriented and self-starter who enjoys working in a collegial workplace. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years work experience with an investment bank, consulting firm, and/or technology company and the ability to demonstrate:
• Enthusiasm for venture capital, start-ups and entrepreneurship
• Critical thinking, including strong research and analytical abilities
• Proven project management capabilities
• Superior PowerPoint and communication skills
• Experience building financial models and performing quantitative analysis
• Capable of forging relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives, etc.
• Ability to work in a start-up culture
Industry competitive – includes base salary, bonus, profit share, and full benefits
If interested, please apply here.