Tola Capital is a venture capital firm that focuses on the once-in-a-generation opportunity to invest in the next wave of enterprise software companies enabled by innovations in data, cloud, and mobile platforms. Tola Capital invests in growth and early stage enterprise software companies. Tola was founded in 2010 and is based in Seattle, WA.
Tola has a unique investment strategy that includes a hands-on partnership with portfolio companies. We prioritize passion and experience in the software sector, and look for candidates with financial, technical, and operational backgrounds in software. Tola is an evergreen fund with a long-term view and we are seeking candidates who share this view and want to grow with the firm.
We are looking for smart, motivated self-starters who are comfortable wearing a range of hats and who can excel across the board, from valuation analysis to strategic hypothesis brainstorming to product roadmap evaluation to meeting and working with senior executives at target companies. We are very focused on personal development and are looking for high potential candidates with innate curiosity and a drive to learn.
- Prepare market research and analysis on specific software sectors
- Research, develop, and articulate views on Tola’s investment strategies
- Proactively source potential deals for the firm
- Perform thorough due diligence, including, but not limited to, product, go-to-market, and financial analysis
- Drive rigorous valuation analyses to support investment decision-making
- Engage with portfolio company CEOs and leadership teams to help create value for their businesses
- Develop presentation materials for the firm, investors, and portfolio companies
- Analyze operational forecasts and business strategies for active and potential investments
- High IQ individual with the ability to form deep convictions on markets and companies
- Passion for software and how software is transforming business
- Understanding of enterprise software landscape and trends
- 2+ years of experience at a software company, in venture capital, at an investment bank, or at a consulting firm, ideally with a focus on the enterprise software industry
- Technical and/or operational experience in the software sector
- Proficiency in modeling company financials and performing valuation analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple teams and functions and across multiple projects
- Superior work ethic, strong desire to learn, and uncompromising attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, research, and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- While an academic background in a quantitative or computer science field is preferred, we encourage those who have distinguished themselves in any challenging course of st
If interested, please apply here.