Thomvest Ventures is a cross-stage venture capital firm with more than $300 million under management. We focus on opportunities in the fields of financial technology, cybersecurity and real estate. The capital we invest is our own, enabling us to be more creative, flexible and patient with entrepreneurs. We operate our fund with a small core group, meaning as an Associate you will be key in driving investment efforts and decision making.
About the Role
We are looking for an Associate to join our investment team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail oriented, thrive with light supervision, and be willing to get involved across all aspects of the firm’s operations, including:
- Working with our investment team to identify and develop investment theses, and to proactively conduct research within our key verticals of focus.
- Participate in and support the investment process from opportunity identification through due diligence and deal closing.
- Prepare summary materials for potential new investment opportunities, including an investment memorandum, financial model & other supporting research.
- Deliver high-touch support to our portfolio companies across a number of operating areas.
- Manage internal tools & processes, including deal pipeline, customer relationship management, financial tracking & internal reporting.
- Have 2 to 5 years of professional experience in management consulting, investment banking, and / or a technology startup in the areas of product management, business development or finance.
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to structure and present complex ideas and information in a simple and persuasive manner, both written and orally, across a wide-variety of audiences.
- Foster an entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape new portfolio investments and our own company.
- Be a natural team player, with a self-starter attitude, who enjoys working in a non-hierarchical, collaborative firm culture.
If interested, please apply here.