Techstars operates 49+ Accelerator programs around the globe, and we are looking for a Sourcing & Investment Associate to join the Colliers Proptech Accelerator Powered by Techstars . We source globally each year to accept ten startups into our program. The Associate will work closely with the investment-focused Managing Director. The Associate will primarily assist the Managing Director with identifying, and sourcing, startups globally during the application process.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist the Managing Director with identifying, sourcing, and screening startups globally throughout the application process of the program, which is active now through June 2020 (5 month contract, potential to extend beyond)
- Work with the greater Techstars team to utilize tools and resources to gather relevant data throughout the company screening process
- Adhere to Techstars best practices relating to email and social media outreach
- Help as needed with Techstars sourcing events
- Familiar with websites such as Crunchbase, AngelList, LinkedIn, etc.
- Other work as required related to due diligence or standing up the program
- Available at least 16 hours a week.
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- 2 – 3 years relevant experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on entrepreneurship, startups, venture capital, or consulting
- Basic understanding of marketing CRM’s and lead management, market research, due diligence, and investment experience – a plus
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Authorized to work in Canada
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs help founders do more faster and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands supercharge growth by accelerating innovation and cultural transformation. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,600 companies with a market cap of $16 Billion. http://www.techstars.com
Techstars is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
If interested, please apply here.