Techstars operates 47+ Accelerator programs around the globe, and we are looking for a Sourcing and Investment Associate to join the Techstars Sustainability Accelerator in partnership with The Nature Conservancy . We source globally each year to accept ten startups into our program. The Sourcing and Investment Associate will work closely with the Program Director. The Sourcing and Investment Associate will primarily assist the Program Director with identifying, and sourcing, startups globally during the application process. The Sourcing and Investment Associate will be paid $1500/week for 20 hours of work.
Learn more about the types of startups we’re hoping to work with here .
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist the Program Director with identifying, sourcing, and screening startups globally throughout the application process of the program, which is active now through April 2019
- Work with the greater Techstars team to utilize tools and resources to gather relevant data throughout the company screening process
- Adhere to Techstars best practices relating to email and social media outreach
- Help as needed with Techstars sourcing events
- Ensure email compliance for GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CASL and similar regional email laws
- Minimum 15 hours a week
- Strong interest in the discourse around sustainability/conservation, technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- 2 – 3 years relevant experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on entrepreneurship, startups, venture capital, or consulting – a plus
- Basic understanding of marketing CRM’s and lead management, market research, due diligence, and investment experience – a plus
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Familiar with websites such as Crunchbase, AngelList, LinkedIn, etc.
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Authorized to work in the United States
To apply for this position, please email the following to Program Director Hannah Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a spreadsheet of 10 startups we should look at that fit our 2019 investment themes . Include the information you think is relevant for adding to our pipeline. Include which subtheme they fit with, and a sentence or two on why you included them.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs help founders do more faster and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands supercharge growth by accelerating innovation and cultural transformation. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,400 companies with a market cap of $15.9 Billion. http://www.techstars.com
If interested, please apply here.