General Job Description
This role is responsible for assisting the accelerator team of the Western Union Accelerator Powered by Techstars with the sourcing and vetting of the next class of global startups for the 2020 accelerator program. Investment associate(s) will assist in researching, sourcing, coordinating interviews, and performing diligence on startups from around the world. A strong interest in engaging global startup ecosystems around financial and payments technology is a bonus.
This role is a temporary, unpaid, part-time position, generally performed 10-15 hours per week in exchange for course credit from January through May.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research startups and connectors in target geographies aligning with clearly defined accelerator goals
- Qualify startup leads and perform initial outreach
- Schedule interviews with qualified startups
- Perform diligence on startup financials, founders, etc
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
If interested, please apply here.