echAccel is seeking an entrepreneurial finance professional with experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, corporate development, or management consulting to join the firm’s investment team as an Associate. The candidate will play an important role in identifying and sourcing new investment opportunities, conducting market research, building financial models, performing due diligence, helping execute transactions, assisting with portfolio reporting, and supporting general operations. Successful candidates for this senior analyst role will be proactive, intellectually curious, and highly motivated with a desire to identify the most promising investment opportunities for the firm. Ideally, the candidate will have familiarity with emerging technology trends in agriculture, animal health, or life sciences/biotechnology. Exceptional professionals will have the opportunity to advance.
The Associate reports directly to the firm’s Principal and will support a wide range of activities.
- Thesis Development: Research industry trends and evolving technology developments, create market landscape reports, and develop and communicate a well-reasoned point of view on the investment opportunities TechAccel should be pursuing
- Sourcing:Pro-actively source new investment opportunities from traditional channels and informal networks, establish a relationship, and open a dialogue
- Screening:Screen deals by taking the first step to engage entrepreneurs, professors, and corporate leaders, introduce our firm, and determine whether there’s an investment thesis fit
- Due Diligence: Support due diligence efforts on new investment opportunities, including identifying and speaking to subject matter experts, end users, and strategic corporate companies, developing literature reviews and landscape analyses, planning and participating in site visits, and synthesizing and presenting findings
- Financial Modeling: Perform comprehensive financial scenario and valuation modeling involving operating models, capitalization tables, exit waterfalls, and returns analysis utilizing discounted cash flow, internal rate of return, and comparable company/transaction analyses
- Memo Generation: Assist in drafting comprehensive investment memos or business plans for the firm’s Investment Advisory Committee and Board of Directors
- Market Research:Research, gather, and present data to support new investment opportunities and fundraising efforts
- Deal Structuring/Execution: Support the drafting and negotiation of term sheets and legal agreements
- Operations/Reporting:Manage the deal flow pipeline including contacts, screened companies, and investment opportunities, and prepare regular updates on portfolio assets, valuation, and pipeline opportunities for the Investment Committee, Board, and Senior team members
- Networking:Network with other VC’s, startups, universities, and corporate leaders
- Advanced degree, preferably in finance, business, economics, or a STEM-related field; Undergraduate degree with relevant experience will be considered
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, management consulting, corporate development, or a relevant role at a technology startup
- Preferably, familiarity or direct professional experience in the agriculture, animal health, technology, or life sciences/biotechnology sectors
- Self starter with strong initiative, intellectual curiosity, and work ethic
- Demonstrated success with business development activities, networking, and building new relationships with entrepreneurs and/or key stakeholders
- Strong financial modeling and valuation capabilities
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, project management capabilities
- Resourceful research capabilities, with a willingness to track down hard-to-find information about the products and markets targeted by the firm
- Demonstrated interest in startups, technology, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Ability to work both ind
If interested, please apply here.