Join our team at Target Partners and immerse yourself in the exciting ecosystem of venture capital with one of the leading European funds. Evaluate market opportunities, meet promising teams and support the due diligence process from screening through to closing. Then work closely with the portfolio companies in building successful businesses. You will be a core part of our small team based in Munich, Germany, and will be exposed to all the inner workings of an experienced venture capital firm. Our focus is investing in young technology companies, and we expect you to be equally excited about the change these young companies are affecting.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial technologist, with a knack for communication and an eagerness to grow. A background in software development and startup experience are valued but not necessary. We look forward to meeting you!
Core job responsibilities
- Prioritize investment opportunities and support investment decision making
- Perform due diligence, including market, competitive and technology research, with respect to a particular investment or an industry as a whole
- Negotiate with prospective portfolio companies jointly with a Partner
- Support portfolio companies in their need to ship products, build a customer base, grow the organization, and develop strategic positioning
- Work closely and effectively with colleagues, founders, lawyers, accountants, executive search firms and other contacts in our network
- Extend Target Partners’ network by attending events such as conferences and meet-ups of start-up entrepreneurs
- Strong technology and entrepreneurial mindset
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably related to technology; MBA or PhD is a plus
- Three+ years work experience, preferably in software development and/or as a founder
- Hands-on work experience in early stage technology companies is a plus
- Effective communication skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Frequent travel, mostly within the German-speaking countries, but also to other European countries or the United States.
If interested, please apply here.