Stray Dog Capital is a Venture Capital firm that invests in exciting early stage startups that take animals out of the supply chain. As a leader in our field we provide capital and resources to accelerate the growth of talented entrepreneurs who will have an outsized impact on the marketplace.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a Venture Associate to perform a wide range of activities including due diligence, portfolio management and process optimization. This is not a 100% heads-down financial modeling role, but you will closely interact with entrepreneurs, other investors and key opinion leaders in the market. This position reports directly to Stray Dog Capital’s Managing Director with the purpose of helping the Stray Dog Capital team make quality investment decisions.
This is a tremendous opportunity to learn how Venture Capital and startups really work. You will be asked to take significant responsibilities quickly and the expectations will be high.
· 3+ years of experience in top-tier investment banking, private equity a/o management consulting.
· Desire to live and work in the greater Kansas City area.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an academically rigorous major.
· Must be Vegetarian or Vegan.
· Known to be results oriented, self-starter with a propensity to figure out a way to get things done, no matter the obstacles.
· Able to work in unstructured environments.
· Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with polished Excel and PowerPoint abilities.
· Ability to summarize and synthesize information succinctly.
· Highly curious, naturally wants to get to the root of questions and understand key drivers.
· Competitive market compensation package, including benefits, including a retirement plan.
If interested, please apply here.