In 2011, StartUp Health (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) introduced a revolutionary new model for transforming health by organizing and supporting a global army of entrepreneurs called Health Transformers. The Company has identified and is investing in 10 Health Moonshots, with the long-term goal of improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. These include: Access to Care; Cost to Zero; Cure Disease, Cancer; Women’s Health; Longevity; Happiness & Mental Health; Brain Health; Nutrition, and Children’s Health.
We’re hiring a Venture Associate to join our team in NYC with key responsibilities including new company diligence, entrepreneur coaching on financing and capitalization strategy, portfolio valuation analysis, financial modeling, and investment process management. The ideal candidate is analytical, solution-orientated, entrepreneurial minded, and a highly detailed thinker, with previous experience at a venture capital or private equity firm.
This role provides unparalleled experience, opportunity for advancement, and exposure to startups, investors, and the broader health innovation ecosystem. Preferred location of NYC, however we are also open to Northeast or San Francisco-area candidates.
- Perform ongoing enterprise valuation analysis on 200+ portfolio companies and analyze, determine impact to equity holdings based on capitalization events of portfolio companies and track their financial performance on a quarterly basis
- Coach portfolio company leadership teams on financing and capitalization opportunities, making a direct impact by being a founder’s “first call”
- Perform financial due diligence during onboarding process for ~15 new portfolio companies per month, including active participation during workshops and meetings
- Develop and maintain fund performance modeling including investment attribution analysis
- Support the fund’s fundraising, operations, and reporting through cross-functional collaboration
- Evaluate and present investment recommendations to the investment committee by providing preliminary perspectives on the business model, valuation, and industry
- Develop and maintain monthly, quarterly and year-end standard internal/external reports
- Scout for startup company applicants to the StartUp Health Academy via networking events, industry news and other sources
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 2-3 years venture capital experience analyzing investments and performing due diligence
- Past experience working with startups, founders, and management teams
- Proficiency in analyzing term sheets and capitalization structures to coach entrepreneurs on impact of a financing event and evaluate effects to equity holding
- Demonstrated ability to organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data; identify relevant issues and implement valuation techniques
- Keen analytical, financial modeling, market research and quantitative skills
- Experience with the various legal, tax and other issues common to transactions
- Strong discretion with sensitive company and investor information
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong ability navigating ambiguity and balancing priorities
- Comfortable communicating with a range of stakeholders including entrepreneurs, management teams, and investors
- Alignment and commitment to our mission to transform health
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- BS degree in accounting, finance or business administration
If interested, please apply here.