*REQUIRED: Please include a COVER LETTER together with your RESUME as one file and upload it in the second step (resume upload) step of the application process.
Stardust Equity (SE) is a mission-oriented investment fund putting capital to work for competitive returns and positive social and environmental impact. SE is part of Stardust, a large US-based single family office. We are seeking an investment professional to support us as we build a private-market portfolio of direct investments and LP allocations in highly impactful sectors. The associate will report to the SE Managing Director and work on all aspects of the investment process (from pipeline sourcing to diligence and investment monitoring) as well as contribute to our shareholder engagement initiatives across asset classes (private and public markets).
The position will be based in New York City with some travel required.
- Participate in all parts of the investment process including but not limited to: assisting in sourcing and updating pipeline, performing due diligence on pipeline funds and/or companies, preparing investment memos and recommendations, and contributing to investment decisions
- Conduct research and analysis on sectors, managers and companies, focusing on opportunities and risk
- Monitor ESG trends; support the implementation of impact assessment frameworks; evaluate and report on ESG alignment progress at investment and portfolio level
- Monitor investment portfolio and prepare financial performance review; coordinate with internal accounting team and external investment management platform
- Contribute to overall ESG / responsible investment policy and strategy
- Work with internal and external investment teams to integrate ESG policy across asset classes
- Contribute to stakeholder engagement activities to influence practices and systems through direct ownership situations and public equity shareholder advocacy and proxy voting
- Represent Stardust Equity with affinity groups and at conferences
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in finance or business consulting, including investment banking, investment management, corporate finance, private equity/venture capital, or strategy consulting
- Strong financial acumen including accounting, valuation skills, and Excel modeling
- Ability to analytically assess ESG and impact considerations of investment managers and companies, and communicate how findings are an opportunity or risk for the investment
- Demonstrated passion for impact investing and ESG themes
- Understanding of how gender norms affect businesses, investments, and financial markets preferred
- Strong communication, engagement and influencing skills (strong writing skills; ability to read and interpret complex documents; and, ability to make effective presentations on complex topics to investment professionals and business leaders)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Competitive salary, bonus and full benefits.
Stardust is a multi-disciplinary team of doers and dreamers working towards a future where all women and girls can fulfill their potential. We believe that everyone is born with equal intrinsic value, and our work is to bring it into the light. We explore, reflect upon, and evolve our approach to intersectional progress through our dynamic portfolio of Equity, Fund, and Arts:
- Stardust Equity is a mission-oriented investment fund putting capital to work for competitive returns and positive social and environmental impact.
- Stardust Fund is a philanthropic vehicle dedicated to removing barriers and accelerating the participation and power of women and girls. We support movements, bridge gaps, and strengthen ecosystems.
- Stardust Arts is a collection of initiatives committed to innovative, socially-engaged art. We work to challenge the systems and structures that inhibit the participation and power of excluded and exploited people.
We were founded with the belief that bringing together the collective experiences of many is necessary for greater understanding and powerful change. As a lean agile team, we value each individual’s different ideas, perspective, and background. We know through experience that a diverse group of people will create a stronger and more creative work environment, allowing us to continue to wonder, ask questions, and keep pushing.
Stardust is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, color, creed, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or partnership status, pregnancy, caregiver status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual abuse or stalking, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If interested, please apply here.