Singtel Innov8 is a US$250 million venture capital firm backed the Singtel Group with offices in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Singapore, Australia and China. Innov8 actively looks to invest in amazing teams driving quantum changes in enterprise, infrastructure, consumer, and advanced technology applications.
The business development associate will be part of the Innovation and Partnerships team. The role is ideally suited for a high energy outbound personality with natural networking skills.
The candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with ecosystem partners, including hosting of key executives from Asia. The candidate will work to build success both for Innov8’s existing portfolio and supported startups through the Singtel Group ecosystem.
- Scout for startups that address Innov8’s target sectors, for referral and/or investment consideration.
- Co-ordinate Innov8 activities (meetings, events, workshops, pitching sessions, hosting events, partner events, etc.) with all relevant third parties (internal and external).
- Understand the strategy and requirements of the various BUs within the Singtel Group.
- Manage engagement and relationships with partners (such as VC’s, analysts, accelerators/incubators, corporates, governments, etc.).
- Support Innov8’s investment team with our existing portfolio and potential investments.
- Help supported startups (including Innov8 portfolio companies) leverage on the resources, expertise and channels to market of the Singtel Group.
- Drive deeper engagement into the startup and innovation ecosystems, creating greater value for the Singtel Group.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Intellectual curiosity for diverse technologies and a hunger to learn.
- High EQ and work ethic, able to contribute at a high level in amorphous less-defined roles.
- Experience working with startup ecosystems as well as business interactions with large corporates.
- Experience in New Product/Business Development & Strategy desired.
- Technology background preferred. Startup experience a plus.
If interested, please apply here.