Silverton Partners is a 13-year-old, early-stage venture capital firm based in Austin, TX that is investing out of its fifth fund. Silverton returns have been top-performing (the Firm has had $1.1B of exits in 2018 alone), and the firm has a line-up of top-tier institutional LPs.
We are currently seeking a Pre-MBA Associate to help source, diligence, invest and assist the next cohort of market-leading startups as a key member of the investment team. Associates at Silverton would report to the partners and would be involved in all aspects of the business.
Compensation – Base salary + Bonus (based on fund and individual performance)
- Identify, source, and evaluate new investment opportunities
- Execute various projects as needed, including researching and developing investment theses
- Perform investment analysis via modeling
- Assist individual portfolio companies in support of Silverton board members
- Help prepare internal investment memos
- Support investor reporting and fundraising initiatives
- Establish and maintain strong professional networks inside and outside the Silverton network; network with peers in other VC firms
- Extend the fund’s institutional infrastructure
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of investment or M&A experience (VC/PE, investment banking) and/or significant previous startup experience;
- Ability to quickly develop an informed perspective on new markets
- BS/BA degree or higher with technical or engineering background preferred
- Outstanding analytical skills; strong knowledge of Excel
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please send your resume and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.