Silicon Foundry (Linkedin)is a membership-based corporate innovation platform. Through a curated flow of targeted insights, deal sourcing, senior personal introductions and private events, Silicon Foundry connects select corporations with top startups and emerging technologies to unlock actionable business opportunities, ranging from strategic customer relationships and partnerships, to investments, spin outs and acquisitions. In late 2017, Silicon Foundry joined forces with Silicon Valley Bank to leverage the combined global networks to connect leading corporations with startups and emerging technologies. Silicon Foundry’s member network includes a diverse spectrum of corporations from across the globe, including British Petroleum, Deutsche Telekom, Majid Al Futtaim, NBCUniversal, Royal Bank of Scotland and more.
Our team is growing rapidly and we are seeking to bring aboard an Associate to support our Coverage Partners and help scale the Foundry platform. Associates will be involved across all areas of our business, including researching key trends and assessing new markets, proactively sourcing and qualifying startups, creating landscape reports and market maps, organizing private events, and supporting our general operations. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology, building authentic and lasting relationships, connecting the dots between startups and corporates, and who can operate in an environment with significant flexibility, freedom, and responsibility.
Role & Responsibilities
- Direct support to our Coverage Partners and CEO across a broad range of initiatives / deliverables for Members
- Identify startups with the most compelling teams, technology, business models, and traction; create target lists, determine relevant recommendations, and make direct connections between startups and Members
- Develop sector maps, monitor and have points of view on industry trends, attend demo days, track top VC portfolios; regularly summarize insights and compile/distribute intelligence reports
- Orchestrate private events, craft agendas, and coordinate end-to-end experiences for visiting senior executives
- Manage internal operations such as weekly roundup meetings, CRM system, research databases, etc.
- Total of 2-3 years of proven performance in investment banking, venture capital, or management consulting
- Fundamental passion for and broad knowledge of the technology industry with exceptional intellect, drive, integrity, ownership, and attention to detail
- Born to network; astute at building relationships and connecting the dots between players
- Exceedingly positive attitude, humility, and willingness to roll up sleeves in a startup environment
- Strong cultural fit tantamount; we are a tight-knit, cross-functional team that avoids politics, moves quickly, and creatively leverages limited resources
- Unique platform for someone seeking career experience that spans venture capital, corporate development, business development, innovation, and strategic advisory
- Daily access and exposure to C-level executives from forward thinking global corporates, top startup founders, and their venture investor backers
- High degree of autonomy and flexibility in managing personal time and schedule
- Travel as appropriate, both domestically and internationally
- Competitive compensation, perks, and equity upside
If interested, please apply here.