Silicon Badia is a venture capital firm that partners with passionate, bold entrepreneurs to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. We’ve invested in over 250 founders leading over 80 startups in MENA and the US, in teams that have collectively built some of the planet’s most exciting companies, all-in-all creating over $1.5bn in value.
We’re ramping up our team to cater to growing opportunities.
In specific, we’re on the lookout for Associate(s) to join the team in Amman with a primary focus on expanding, supporting, and scaling our MENA portfolio as part of our new fund, Badia Impact Squared. As an integral member of the team, you will work to uncover talent, identify new opportunities, spot relevant trends and needs in the market, perform due diligence on potential deals and support exceptional founders and teams. This is a high-paced, dynamic and challenging role that requires engaging portfolio entrepreneurs, sourcing quality pipeline opportunities and conducting in-depth research and analysis.
The Associate will:
Find exceptional (and investable) talent:
- Actively source and identify synergistic pipeline opportunities and generate high quality deal flow through hustle and entrepreneurial drive
- Manage investment opportunities from first conversation through to term sheet to deal closing, coordinating with team along the way
- Build networks by developing relationships with ecosystem partners, including development initiatives, accelerators, incubators, and thought leaders within the entrepreneurial community
Deep dive into new concepts, industries, and opportunities:
- Perform due diligence on opportunities, including meeting with teams, analyzing markets, competitors, financials, and customers
- Test business assumptions
- Have an informed, unbiased, opinion
- Prepare executive summaries, investment reports, and assist in making a case for (or against) an investment
Help teams grow and capture opportunities:
- Be a team player for every startup we invest into, on an as-needed basis, and figuring out how to add value to entrepreneurs continuously.
- Learn new skills that matter to portfolio company growth. This includes helping founders and teams a. hire, b. raise capital, c. assess market trajectories, d. capture business opportunities, and just about anything else that founders feel will help their companies grow.
- Help track company growth, track and report performance dashboards on a monthly basis, and present to the team and/or investment committee as needed.
Be a leader:
- Build thought leadership capability and have a voice in the ecosystem
- Develop points of view and subject-matter expertise around trends and best practice through self-driven research and development of a network of companies, experts, and associates
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker who loves to learn with a basic to intermediate level of financial knowledge who has experience understanding and solving complex and/or ambiguous problems and is able to break down a business or industry and understand key value/growth drivers
- Candidates must be intellectually curious, with a passion for discovery and learning about new technology, business models, and businesses, particularly in the MENA region. They will be highly motivated with the ability to work independently with energy, requiring minimal oversight
- Candidates must have the ability to shatter glass ceilings
- Preference will be given to candidates with foundational financial knowledge and/or a background in finance and financial analysis
- Unconventional applicants are not just welcome but encouraged
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- Additional short and long term incentives tied to performance
If you are interested in joining the Silicon Badia team, please send a bio/cv and cover letter expressing your interest via LinkedIn. Application packages will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Qualified candidates will be contacted with additional instructions if interested.
If interested, please apply here.