next47 was founded in early 2016 and is the new venturing unit of Siemens, a leading global technology player. Our major goal is to partner with innovative start-ups to disrupt the norm and develop the next big thing. We empower start-ups with the energy and resources provided by our dynamic Siemens ecosystem. We’re looking for the next ingenious companies in Electrification, Automation and Digitalization – Together we can make the future of industries easier, more reliable and more scalable.
next47, the strategic venture capital arm of the German conglomerate Siemens AG, invests in early and growth-stage companies in the energy, healthcare, industrial, and infrastructure markets. The group’s aim is to identify innovative technologies from which Siemens and its customers can profit, and then invest in those companies thereby strengthening ties to the most relevant startups.next47 is seeking an Associate to be part of its Boston team. She/he will work directly with next47’s Investment Directors in the Boston office.
Essential Job Functions
Evaluate potential investments against the dual criteria of a corporate investor: for financial returns and for strategic relevance to Siemens’ business units.Support next47’s investment process, including company identification, due diligence, and ongoing support of portfolio companies;Company Identification
- Proactively contribute to the definition of specific investment themes or “search fields”;
- Develop search fields by leading a technology review and delivering comprehensive reports of promising investments and technologies;
- Network with entrepreneurs, industry leaders, and other venture capitalists at events.
- Perform due diligence on prospective investments including technology assessment, competition mapping, market benchmarking, financial modeling, and reference calls with customers.
Support Portfolio Companies and next47 Processes
- Attend and participate in portfolio company Board meetings;
- Interface with Siemens’ operational business units to drive meaningful business with portfolio companies;
- Deliver regular reports to Siemens business units and quarterly portfolio reviews for next47.
- Minimum of two years experience at a Venture Capital, Consulting Firm, Investment Bank or startup company with strong financial modeling skills
- Experience with capitalization tables, budgeting, forecasting, market benchmarking and return waterfalls
- BS/BA degree required, concentration preferred in engineering or physical sciences
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- The ability to communicate clearly in both written documents and slide presentations is very important
- Travel up to 15% mostly domestic
- Knowledge of healthcare industry, a plus
The candidate should have significant interest in emerging technologies and being a part of the startup ecosystem. In addition, candidates should have a good understanding of how startup technology companies function.
If interested, please apply here.