The Sports Gaming Investment Fund (SGIF) is seeking an Associate / Analyst to serve as a key member of the investment team to help research, review, and conduct diligence regarding potential startup investments in the sports and esports gambling industries.
SGIF is the first, and only, venture capital fund created specifically to invest in startups in the $17 billion dollar U.S. sports betting market. We are a uniquely qualified team of general partners from the casino industry, ready to fund and support new companies in all segments of the ecosystem. SGIF has developed a clearly articulated plan to drive rapid, high-value exits for our portfolio companies. SGIF plans to invest in multiple startups at Seed or Series A.
The Associate / Analyst will be responsible for:
- Primary point of contact for inbound opportunities
- General analysis and research on potential investments, including
- Competitive landscape analysis
- Financial modeling
- Preparation of investment recommendations
- Coordination of broader investment decision-making process
- Coordination of SGIF resources to support portfolio companies
- Discovery of new investment prospects
- Other relevant roles that emerge as the fund evolves
The Associate / Analyst will support the general partners throughout the entire transaction process and lifecycle as well as investor communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or work experience equivalent
- Master’s Business Administration greatly preferred
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in top accounting firm (ideally in transaction services), technology consultancy, or VC fund covered release or similar sectors, or corporate finance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, able to independently manage deadlines
- Understanding of deal lifecycle from end-to-end
- Authentic interest in technology and sports / esports
- Enthusiasm for startup ecosystem and entrepreneurship
- Excellent research and presentation skills
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to make decisions and advocate for your viewpoint
Role based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
If interested, please apply here.