Seven Peaks Ventures (SPV), a leading Pacific Northwest-focused early-stage venture firm is hiring a Venture Associate in the Seattle area to focus on generating deal flow and exploring new markets to grow our firm. SPV invests in disruptive enterprise technology companies, primarily in their seed and series A rounds.
This position will collaborate closely with three investing Partners, and the CFO on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can manage multiple priorities and meet/exceed KPIs established for the position. It is expected that a successful Venture Associate can have the potential opportunity to participate in the carried interest of the Fund and be promoted to a Managing Director and/or Partner over time.
- Generating Deal Flow (70% of focus):
- Deal sourcing and screening against specific opportunity KPIs to identify new technology sectors, and leading early stage companies in these sectors by networking with peers in other venture capital firms, accelerators, and incubators to source prospective deals for investment, and/or meet with prospective companies for investment, evaluate opportunities against Fund investment themes, strategies and priorities, and funnel the strongest deals to appropriate Partners.
- Research and engage with extensive networks of Fund Partners and other startup founders, executives and functional leaders to evaluate a target sector or a specific company’s market attractiveness and technology competitiveness (including IP), business model differentiations, and go to market strategies
- Relationship mapping and management to document and summarize call notes, enter deals and contacts into CRM software, prepare presentations, prepare internal investment memos, create and post content for Fund website, and create and post content on various social media platforms.
- Researching Markets, Sectors and Companies (30% of focus):
- Competitive landscaping of market sectors, investment themes, key entrepreneurs and companies
- Performing due diligence by gathering information from the target company and industry experts through research and interviews of existing references, customers, and competitors
- Assist in valuation analysis and financial modeling working with CFO
- Assist Partners and CFO to prepare internal investment memos and ongoing limited partner communications
Key Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience and track record in VC/PE deal generation, financial analysis or technology or finance industry-based sales support and/or demand generation role
- 1-2 years of investment analysis experience and track record (VC/PE, investment banking, private equity)
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building skills to develop and nurture key relationships with founders/CEOs, venture capital firm teams and other affiliates of the Fund
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong working knowledge of Excel including advanced functions and CRM platforms including SFDC and/or other leading providers
- Ability to produce well-designed and effective Powerpoint/Keynote presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Base Salary + Bonus + Carried Interest potential
If interested, please apply here.