Salesforce Ventures, Salesforce’s strategic venture arm, has invested in more than 250 enterprise cloud companies in 14 different countries since 2009. We are tasked with long term value creation by helping maintain the company’s competitive advantage, and advancing its strategic objectives by (i) identifying growth opportunities within new markets and new technology segments (ii) evaluating investments that leverage these opportunities and (iii) managing investments from deal sourcing through to execution. You will be a core part of a small and dynamic team. In October 2015, we announced a commitment to invest $100M in Europe given the level and pace of innovation, and our portfolio companies include the likes of Automile, Carto, DigitalGenius, NewVoiceMedia, Onfido, Privitar, Qubit, Sigfox and WeFox.
- Assist with the investment process from sourcing investments through to screening and final diligence
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses as part of our deal evaluation efforts (including building financial models where necessary)
- Actively monitor the investment portfolio, including analyzing key metrics, supporting follow-on investments and preparing for exits
- Act as a resource to portfolio companies
- Monitor, research and develop intelligence and investment themes on emerging trends and disruptive companies in the enterprise SaaS ecosystem
- Assist in planning and developing programs and events to promote and market Salesforce Ventures and our 1:1:1 model of integrated philanthropy with portfolio CEOs, VC’s and start-up executives
- Represent Salesforce Ventures at industry events and conferences
- Build presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors
It is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust and respect, both throughout the organization at all levels and within the tech community more broadly. The individual must be a team player with exceptional communication, analytical and leadership skills. Intellectual curiosity and true passion for technology impacting both consumers and businesses is critical for success in this role. We are also looking for a self-starter who enjoys autonomy and taking lots of initiative.
Professional Experience / Skills Required
- Minimum of 2:1 Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a top-tier undergraduate institution
- At least 3/4 years of total experience, including investment banking, consulting, startup and/or venture capital with a track record of success
- Strong business judgment, strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Multiple European languages preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a dynamic, high growth organization
- Ability to work well under deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail along with organization and follow-through skills
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Familiarity with SaaS and cloud computing beneficial
- Salesforce.com organization and product knowledge is a plus
if interested, please apply here.