Reach (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is on a mission to seed the most inspirational, uplifting and engaging educational tools which help educators and families realize childrens full potential. Our team has been the most active education technology fund since January 2012 and have seeded investments in companies such as ClassDojo, Newsela, and Nearpod. Our roots stem from building communities of practice over the last 16 years at NewSchools Venture Fund.
The Reach team is a small, hands-on team of doers. Its very important to us that you believe in our mission, find a genuine joy in serving others and can problem-solve. If you love innovation, an energizing work environment and believe in the power of education technology to improve life opportunities for kids, this could be your dream job.
Reach Capital is the leading early stage education technology venture firm. We are a team of diverse thinkers, makers and doers, made up of entrepreneurs, educators, product managers, and engineers. We are seeking an Investment Associate to join our San Francisco Bay Area based team. As the most active early stage edtech investor, we have invested in over 30 leading edtech companies including ClassDojo, Newsela, Nearpod, and Epic. The companies we invest in are shaping the future of education, and we are excited for what is around the corner.
We are looking for an Investment Associate to join our team to help us identify, decide on, and win opportunities to invest in the best edtech founders. The Investment Associate will play an integral role in our rigorous diligence process and thought leadership efforts and be our eyes and ears to surface new investment areas and opportunities.
We are open to candidates ranging from recent college graduates to candidates with a graduate degree and/or several years of relevant work experience. In particular, we are looking to prioritize candidates with either deep technical backgrounds (in engineering and/or computer science) or extensive financial and quantitative analysis work experience.
We need your help to grow Reach to the next level. We aim to expand our pipeline to cover early childhood through workforce development, refine our investment theses and stay on the frontier of technology applications in education. Youll be joining a team with a reputation as the leading early stage education technology fund.
As an Investment Associate on the Reach Team, you play a critical role in helping us identify, decide on, and win opportunities to invest in the best edtech startups:
- Build out our sourcing strategy and deal flow
- Engage thoughtfully in company and entrepreneur introductions
- Evaluate and respond rapidly to new investment opportunities, including holding initial screening conversations with startups and evaluating those for fit with Reach
- Present prospective opportunities and deals to our team
- Conduct rigorous due diligence
- Support us in the investment analysis process by building financial models and analyzing the competitive landscape and size of the market
- Conduct product and technical due diligence as well as background checks and reference calls
- Support our portfolio of edtech companies
- Identify opportunities that support the success of our companies, such as potential business development partnerships, new hire introductions, sales leads and fundraising support
- Design and execute meaningful, high-value experiences for our entrepreneurs such as our annual Founders Day, Jeffersonian dinners, coaching circles, and more
- Identify and research new markets and trends
- Stay on the leading edge of edtech by developing investment theses and investment strategies for new markets and emerging technologies
- Be on the frontlines expanding and building our community network
- Keep the pulse of the venture and edtech community by attending industry events with the goal of being at ground zero of new edtech developments
- Contribute to our edtech market mapping and thought leadership work, giving a voice to opportunities in edtech
- A Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- At least 3 years experience in technology, entrepreneurship, venture capital, management consulting, asset management, investment banking, or private equity
- Strong market research and quantitative analysis skills
- Proficient in building financial models
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative and resourceful when solving problems and always sees things through
- Prior experience in education or education technology a plus
- Passion for finding solutions to address issues of access and opportunity in education
- Strong preference for deep technical backgrounds (in computer science or engineering) or extensive financial analysis and quantitative work experience.
If interested, please apply here.