Prolog Ventures has just launched our latest fund, the Prolog Lonza Consumer Fund. We are looking for a person passionate about entrepreneurial ventures that support healthy living in a healthy world.
If you are ready to play a critical role in our firm’s success, you might be the person we seek. Based in the New York metro area, you will work with our three seasoned partners and will be responsible for a wide range of key activities to help us build a portfolio of investments in fast growing consumer health and wellness companies.
● Scouting: identify market trends, investment themes, and disruptive innovations in our target markets
● Deal flow: cultivate relationships with company founders and referral sources
● Due diligence: assist in screening and evaluation of investment opportunities
● Quantitative analysis: create and asses models of portfolio company financials and portfolio performance
● Transactions: assist in preparation of documents related to investments
● Support: help portfolio companies with discrete projects
We should talk if you meet all these criteria:
● 2+ years work experience in CPG related to nutrition, personal care, or household care (preferably in a private equity, product management or management consulting capacity, possibly in an investment banking capacity)
● MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
● Technical undergraduate degree a plus
● Strong record as a self-starter; self-organized; results-oriented; comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
● Excellent communication skills
● Demonstrable passion and energy for working with startups, consumer brands, and innovation
● Experience with basic financial statements, analysis and spreadsheets
● Adept at asking questions; analytical and flexible thinker
● Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
About Prolog Lonza Consumer Fund:
We are making investments primarily in consumer-health companies with innovative products for nutrition, personal care, and household care … or as we like to say, what’s healthy in you, on you, and around you. We are investing across North America to help talented entrepreneurs build great companies and to create strategic and financial benefits for Lonza Group AG, a leading global provider of specialty ingredients and solutions along the healthcare continuum. The Fund’s partners are all successful entrepreneurs as well as seasoned venture investors with many exits in our collective track record.
If interested, please apply here.