The Associate position at PGVC is an exciting and unique opportunity for candidates to break into the world of Venture Capital. As an Associate, you will have a front seat to see the latest technology trends and emerging companies in our focus areas (Consumer, Enterprise, Healthcare IT, and Emerging Technologies). Previous Associates have gone on to grow within the team, launch their own startups, join a PGVC portfolio company, or pursue a MBA at a top business school.
Associates work closely with all members of the investment team and are actively involved in the day-today efforts of the firm, including:
- Market Research / Deal Diligence — help identify and diligence investment opportunities in existing and new markets / focus areas, including meeting with entrepreneurs and subject matter experts
- Deal Execution — executing new and follow-on financings (investment memos, deal structuring, legal diligence, etc.)
- Portfolio Support — helping portfolio companies with strategic / financial analysis and attending board meetings
- Ecosystem Building — engaging with all aspects of the Los Angeles entrepreneurial community and representing PGVC
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in technology
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience with exposure to startup/technology businesses
- Strong written and analytics skills for deal analysis and thesis development
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with entrepreneurs and the broader community
- Passion for technology and someone who loves to challenge our imagination to how technology can help solve the world’s most difficult problems
We expect a tremendous amount from our Associates and believe this is one of the top opportunities to start a career in VC or the startup world. If you are interested in applying – please email email@example.com with a resume and one-page investment memo for a company that you believe would fit PGVC’s portfolio.