Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
The Strategic Investments Associate will play an important role in the development and execution of the Company’s strategic investment program, which includes participation in the execution of strategic investments and other business partnerships, overseeing the portfolio monitoring program and consulting throughout the organization on various topics related to strategic investments and innovation. This role will work across all functional areas and levels of management in the organization, including Executive Leadership Team members. He/she will also work closely with the Company’s corporate strategy and innovation teams to create alignment and facilitate collaboration across the organization. This position requires skills necessary to develop financial models, solve problems, communicate complex financial and strategic topics, and lead projects across the organization. Additionally, a commitment to excellence, initiative, innovation, adaptability, and team work is important.
What You Will Do
- Participate in all aspects of the Company’s strategic investments program to include the research, evaluation, and execution of strategic business transactions.
- Manage the ongoing monitoring and reporting program related to the company’s strategic investment portfolio. Develop and maintain complex models to illustrate the financial implications of strategic investment-related activities. Provide forecasting and analytic expertise to company management/business sponsors. Actively participate in and lead financial discussions during executive steering committee meetings, staff meetings, and team meetings. Make recommendations based on results.
- Collaborate with all levels of company management to identify key business issues, outline strategic alternatives, build consensus, and recommend action plans around strategic transactions and various other strategy and innovation initiatives and projects.
- Synthesize data and provide analyses for a broad array of issues across disciplines and functional areas.
- Identify and recommend suggested action steps to senior management based on analytic results.
- Provide project management support and program leadership in support of our portfolio companies efforts to bring strategic value to Premera.
- Support the development of various internal and external communications in support of the strategic investment program and its partners.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to all levels of management as necessary.
- Participate in corporate development, corporate strategy and innovation related initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree and
- 5 years of related experience.
- Experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or other business transaction related disciplines.
- Health care and health insurance experience
- Demonstrated success in consulting effectively with all levels of management, including executives
What we offer
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
If interested, please apply here.