Polymath Ventures (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is seeking an Investment Associate to join our Mexico team. With six existing ventures and a number of new ones to be launched in the coming years, Polymath engages in extensive fundraising activity. We raise funds from a wide variety of investors, including angel investors, Family Offices, HNWIs, VCs, and PE funds in Silicon Valley, New York, Miami, Colombia, Mexico, China and Europe. This will be a very interesting and valuable role for anyone interested in working within the VC or fundraising industry, with significant exposure to the entire fundraising process and the opportunity to work with highly qualified industry experts in a project with no equivalent in the VC industry.
As a company builder involved at practically every stage of venture investment: from pre-idea, to seed, to series A/B/C and beyond, Polymath plays a key role in venture investment. Rounds include not only financing for the portfolio companies, but also fundraising for Polymath investment vehicles.
With significant growth and many interesting/big problems to solve ahead, we expect the Investment Associate to bring his/her knowledge of the past and a hungry, problem-solving approach to the future. The Polymath model is distinct from VC or PE models, and we are searching for out-of-the-box thinkers that are hungry to build big in challenging markets. The position is an enormous opportunity to deeply impact a high-potential and high-impact organization through direct involvement in a wide variety of venture investment stages.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Partners to develop Polymath’s investor strategy
- Building new leads and opportunities for investment, both locally and internationally
- Independently lead fundraising rounds, working together with venture’s management teams
- Ownership of valuation modeling and fundraising materials
- Support the legal execution of different rounds
- Plan for investment road-shows
Polymath Ventures (www.polymathv.com) is a company builder, creating new and innovative businesses from scratch, using a combination of design- and business thinking. With offices in Bogotá and Ciudad de México, Polymath is a mix of talented people from all over the globe (15 countries represented right now!) focused on doing one thing: bringing new ideas into the world. We are a young company, in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. We can’t offer you the fanciest office with all the perks, but we can offer you one of the strongest teams in Latin America, working to build new companies from scratch. Our company culture offers an international perspective, a casual, friendly office, and a spirit of performance and growth.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Corporate Finance (Venture Capital, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Placement Agent, Big 4, Top Consulting Firm or Law Firm), Private Wealth or Impact Investing (with proven responsibilities in fundraising activities)
- Previous experience in fundraising processes or financial products distribution is an advantage
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to prepare presentations and other marketing materials, and leading meetings and negotiations with prospective investors
- Great attention to detail
- Great risk appetite
- Self-starter, keen to work independently with limited supervision
- Flexible and quick thinking, with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Growth and learning mindset, with no fear to challenge and be critical
- Commitment to professionally grow together with the Polymath project
- Entrepreneurship experience is a plus
If interested, please apply here.