Point72 Ventures – Associate (Cyber Security & Enterprise Infrastructure)
A Career with Point72’s Ventures
Point72 Ventures is the early-stage venture capital strategy funded exclusively by Steve Cohen and eligible employees of Point72. We invest in entrepreneurs who are transforming the economy through advances in financial technology , artificial intelligence and cyber security & enterprise infrastructure. Our team of top-tier investment professionals evaluate and engage the companies selected to be a part of our investment portfolio.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a high-energy Associate to join the Cyber Security & Enterprise Infrastructure Practice to help identify and source early stage investments. We are technical investors that like to dive deep on theme areas where we can build expertise and add strategic value to portfolio companies. Rigorous due diligence is core to our strategy, and we expect Associates to roll up their sleeves and join us in the process of truly understanding a company by identifying domain experts for us to speak with, performing market analysis, and testing assumptions.
- You will be trained on how to discover new deals, create a refined pipeline based on theses and growth signals, and how to prepare outreach e-mails for partners to send
- Build market maps and understand the basic technical underpinnings of startups operating within sub-sectors of the Cyber Security & Enterprise Infrastructure landscape
- Network into entrepreneurs, academics, and investors in order to gain access to companies
- Conduct due-diligence and market validation for companies in deal pipeline
- Be an active contributor on deal selection, completing financial and non-financial diligence with high levels of precision, and crafting first drafts of deal memos.
- Conduct first meetings to screen companies for meetings with Partners
- A technical undergraduate degree – Computer Science an Electrical Engineer degrees are preferred
- Passion for enterprise technology, including enterprise infrastructure that are fairly deep in the stack
- Investment baking or prior investing experience (2+ years); TMT sector coverage is preferred
- Be inquisitive and analytical through gathering and synthesizing information, having the ability to analyze situations, draw appropriate conclusions and make value added recommendations
- Be a creative and strategic thinker that has demonstrated the ability to repeatedly deliver exceptional results
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
If interested, please apply here.