Point72 Ventures is an early-stage venture capital group funded exclusively by Steve Cohen and eligible employees of Point72 Asset Management. We invest in and partner with entrepreneurs who are transforming the economy through advances in financial technology and artificial intelligence. We make high conviction investments in areas we deeply care about and have domain expertise in. Specifically within the AI practice, this reflects in everything we do: all we look at is hard AI/ML/data problems.
Role & Responsibilities:
We’re looking for a high-energy Associate to join the AI Practice to help identify and source early stage investments in world-class, data-driven startups. We are technical investors that like to dive deep on theme areas where we can build expertise and add strategic value to portfolio companies. Rigorous due diligence is core to our strategy, and we expect Associates to roll up their sleeves and join us in the process of truly understanding a company by identifying domain experts for us to speak with, performing market analysis, and testing assumptions.
When you join our team you will have the opportunity to:
- Build market maps of startups operating within sub-sectors of the AI landscape
- Understand basic technical underpinnings of sub-sectors within the AI landscape
- Network into entrepreneurs, academics, and investors in order to gain access to companies
- Conduct first meetings to screen companies for meetings with Partners
- Develop and articulate an opinion on AI sub-sectors
- Conduct due-diligence and market validation for companies in deal pipeline
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a demonstrated interest and/or passion for technology
- Be inquisitive and analytical through gathering and synthesizing information, having the ability to analyze situations, draw appropriate conclusions and make value added recommendations
- Be a creative and strategic thinker that has demonstrated the ability to repeatedly deliver exceptional results
- Preferably have some experience in tech (via client engagements or outside interests)
If interested, please apply here.