We’re looking for a startup lover, network effects addict, market researcher, company picker, deal maker, portfolio supporter, thought leader in the making and future superstar venture capitalist, in other words an:
We’re an early-stage venture capital firm primarily focused on digital marketplaces, SaaS, and frontier tech. We are a small, international team with different backgrounds, opinions, interests and tastes. What we share is a passion for startups, a commitment to meritocracy, and the aspiration to be what we call a “good VC”.
Your role in a snapshot
You’ll be a major contributor to our marketplace investment efforts and make sure we see all relevant deals by proactively finding startups, taking care of incoming leads, building great relationships with various stakeholders in the ecosystem and helping maintain and develop our global marketplace brand, reputation and network.
Together with the investment team you’ll work on all aspects of an investment from sourcing, evaluating and winning a deal to supporting our portfolio companies.
As a major driver behind our marketplace investment efforts your can consider your role at Point Nine as one of the fastest ways to learn, build your network, and advance your career. You’ll get a ridiculous amount of independence, combined with the ability to learn from us as well as the amazing founders of our portfolio companies.
Here’s a more detailed overview of what you’ll be working on. The role is based in Berlin, but expect a lot of traveling.
- You have a huge passion for digital marketplace startups and technology, an entrepreneurial mindset and an insatiable desire to become a renowned expert in that field.
- You have 1-2 or more years of experience with marketplace startups, be it as a startup employee/founder or as a VC. You’re a digital native. If someone in your family has an IT problem, you’re usually the one who has to fix it.
- You have excellent analytical skills and you love to work with numbers. Turning raw data into a cohort analysis? You’ll figure it out!
- You’re great at self organization and task prioritization. You can work autonomously, but you’re also a great team player.
- You’re fluent in English. Further language skills are a plus. (So far we have people from France, Germany, Poland,Spainand Australia in our team, and we’re always keen to increase our coverage.)
- You can communicate efficiently and effectively. Extra points if you’re a good writer.
If you’re interested we’d like to ask you to send us:
(1) your CV and any other information you think might be helpful;
(2) the URLs or usernames of your professional online presences (LinkedIn, Twitter, Quora, GitHub,…), as applicable;
(3) your thoughts about three out of the following questions:
- What is your favorite marketplace company and why?
- We have a €75M fund. How many companies do you think we should invest in? Why this number?
- How would you define “liquidity” in an online marketplace?
- What are network effects?
- Is there a VC in the US that you admire?
- Do you know a startup that you think we should invest in?
To submit your application, please complete this Typeform. Thank you very much in advance!