Plug and Play Ventures Team creates a win-win solution that connects VCs and Angels to the most exciting startup community. We invest in startups from a variety of stages, which gives us a wide field to look at. We spend countless hours analyzing thousands of startups every year. With over 50 years of combined entrepreneurial and investment experience, as well as our established network of strategic partners, we deliver focused resources and attention to each of our portfolio companies to make them the best in the industry. Simply put, we are in the business of finding the best opportunities.
We have over 180 VC partners and an even wider network of angels who we work with to fund great ideas. We love to see startups succeed!
The Ventures Associate is a key member of our Ventures team, assiting in evaluating investments by analyzing market trends, tracking competitive landscapes, and performing company related due diligence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
New Business Development
- Source Seed and Series A startups for investment as well as corporate partners.
- Evangelizing Plug and Play to all potential network partners including startups, investors, corporate members within all verticals.
- Indentify business development, licensing and strategic investment opportunities for corporate members within the Plug and Play ecosystem.
- Provide event production and logistical support for demo days, mentor sessions and other events as part of the accelerator.
- Collaborate with corporate executives in deal flow sessions several times per week
- Analyze start-up team strengths, market size, technology and business model
Relationship Management and Research
- Mentor start-ups in the program on taking product to market, raising money, scaling, and all other ad hoc business needs.
- Work with corporations to identify areas for mentoring
- Conduct research to identify new markets and industry sectors, conducting in-depth business analysis to identifying new competitive opportunities.
- Diligently participate and perform various ad-hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Communication – Must possess communication skills (verbal, oral, and written) Must be proficient with public speaking.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – Must be able to use logical reasoning to reach solutions
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts and contribute high-impact results.
- Career driven individual with passion for technology, entrepreneurship, investments and high tech start-ups
- Project Management – ability to manage several projects with VC partners and startups
- Self-Starter – ability to start projects or plan events with minimal to no supervision
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience working in a startup environment
If interested, please apply here.