Plug and Play Tech Center is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations to create the most meaningful connections that bring innovation to anyone, anywhere. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re a diverse team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Associate to champion the Plug and Play business model and drive portfolio growth in Silicon Valley. An ideal candidate has a passion for understanding how the startup’s scale and is driven to take an active role in building out our ecosystem and investment portfolio.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
The Ventures Associate position is a key role in the Ventures Team and is responsible for finding potential investment opportunities and leading diligence on potential investment opportunities. Associates also consult large corporations on their innovation efforts and manage/source relevant startups for both their respective vertical programs and investment portfolio.
- Work with a team of Analysts and Associates in Plug & Play’s Verticals to investigate finances, business models, and technologies of start-up companies.
- Examine the market and funding environments of these companies.
- Based on findings from investigations, source high-quality new investment opportunities that fit our investment criteria
- Based on the investigations, evaluate opportunities for investment, assess investment risks, analyze financial data, and perform business and investment valuation.
- Perform analyses of Investment Instruments and Startups’ financial profiles
- Perform deal analysis and recommendations for follow-on investments in existing portfolio companies.
- Conduct due diligence process, by drafting Investment Memos and Due Diligence Reports.
- Review and screen entrepreneurs’ pitch decks, conduct interviews with entrepreneurs, conduct due diligence with the support of the investment and legal staff.
- Understand and assist in the full investment life-cycle from due diligence, close process, pre and post-funding support to follow-on funding.
- Support portfolio companies on various management, business development, strategy and funding issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- 2+ years of total work experience in the venture capital industry, management consulting, investment banking, and/or fast scaling startups; exposure to or experience with cybersecurity startups and companies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives, and VC Partners; adept at public speaking
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office, CRMs, project management tools, etc.
- Intermediate spreadsheet experience (formulas, dashboards, charts, pivots, and analysis)
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects, and industry contacts
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
- A passion for early-stage venture capital, startups, and entrepreneurship with a good understanding of emerging technologies
If interested, please apply here.