Plug and Play is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world. Our vision is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Associate to champion the Plug and Play business model and drive portfolio growth in Silicon Valley under our Insurtech vertical. An ideal candidate has a passion for understanding how startups scale and is driven to take an active role in building out our ecosystem and investment portfolio.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research: Undertake guided and independent research to identify new markets and industry sectors, conducting in-depth business analysis to identify new competitive opportunities
- Sourcing: outreach and screening of new, relevant and exciting startups for our own investment purposes as well as biannual sourcing for business development (accelerator) programmes aligning to tech interests as reported by PnP’s corporate partners
- Investments: Support and eventually lead the investment process from origination to execution for new as well as pro rata opportunities; provide ongoing investment monitoring and reporting
- Generate Investment Memorandums for presentation to PnP’s internal investment committee by performing due diligence on team, market, product/technology, business model, risk factors etc…
- Assist with and devise new portfolio support and investment strategies in order to maximize the ROI of the current and future PnP Insurtech portfolio
- Account Management: Collaborate with and host corporate executives in deal flow sessions several times per week and develop a comprehensive understanding of our partners’ innovation challenges and tech interests
- Mentor start-ups in the program on taking a product to market, raising money, scaling, and all other ad hoc business needs
- Provide event production and content support for demo days, mentor sessions and other events as part of the accelerator
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Business; MBA preferred
- 2+ years of total work experience in the venture capital industry, management consulting, investment banking, and/or fast scaling startups
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in public speaking
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A passion for early-stage venture capital, startups, and entrepreneurship with a good understanding of emerging technologies in the insurance space
If interested, please apply here.