If you want to work for a rapidly growing company that values the work you do, then we want to meet you.
WHO WE ARE:
Plug and Play Tech Center is the largest global technology startup accelerator. With 14 industry specific programs ran annually, we match make startups with corporate leaders, such as Panasonic, Deutsche Bank, Maersk and Mercedes. With over 25 global locations, Plug and Play is searching for new team members to join our growing teams.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The Ventures Associate is in charge of sourcing the best startups in the World. With the topics and stage understood, the Scout will source, screen, and engage the startup to participate in an accelerator program.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Research technology interests and source startups accordingly
- Investment management, including deal-sourcing, due diligence, preparation of investment documentations and legal support
- Call-for-applications, including planning and execution of online program applications, startup selection days and supporting the applications review process
- Startup management, including investment closing, program on-boarding, regular administrative, financial and business review of Accelerator startups
- University outreach: building and managing relationships with universities, including organizing pre-selection days at universities
- Know every startup in the Program interest space, as well as the operating region
- Know the investment mindset: does the startup have a viable product corporates can integrate into their business
- Coordinate closely with stakeholders on deal flows so that startups match the topic and show up on time
- Build a strong ecosystem through both cold and warm outreach; attend conferences and events in the region
- Due diligence report on investment opportunities
- Complete knowledge of the top 50 startups in assigned industry
- 6-8 startup meetings per week
- 5 VC deal flows per month / 20 VC relationships (for referrals)
- Working list of 200+ startups within 6 months that can be invited for deal flow sessions / events outside of Program startups
- 5-10 investments per year
- 2 successful batches per year
- Two (2) top 40 lists per batch
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA Degree
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Communication – Must possess communication skills (verbal, oral, and written) Must be proficient with public speaking
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – Must be able to use logical reasoning to reach solutions
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts and contribute high-impact results
- Career driven individual with passion for technology, entrepreneurship, investments and high-tech start-ups
- Project Management – ability to manage several projects with VC partners and startups
- Self-Starter – ability to start projects or plan events with minimal to no supervision
If interested, please apply here.