The Partnership Fund for New York City (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is a privately-funded, New York City-based venture capital and economic development firm which has invested $150 million since inception. The Fund was started in 1996 by Henry Kravis of KKR under the auspices of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s premier business organization.
The Fund invests in businesses headquartered in New York City through (i) direct investments and (ii) sector specific programs currently focused on fintech and digital health. The Partnership Fund focuses on innovative ideas, products, or initiatives that position New York at the cutting edge of growth sector industries, along with new job creation, revitalization of distressed areas, and minority-owned enterprises. Sectors of focus include life sciences, fintech, digital health, advanced manufacturing, social enterprises and public-private initiatives.
The Associate position is a 2 year Pre-MBA position. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate business plans and provide feedback to senior management
- Assist senior management and a team of industry experts in conducting due diligence and analyzing investments, including vetting/building and sensitizing detailed financial models
- Prepare investment memoranda for approval from the Partnership Fund board
- Draft and execute deal documents with senior management and pro bono legal assistancePortfolio Management
- Monitor financial and qualitative performance of portfolio companies and keep Partnership Fund senior management informed
- Update financial models and reports of portfolio companiesAdvance Fund Mission
- Contribute to building the organization. Help build, maintain and maximize the Fund network
- Perform organizational tasks to ensure success of the Fund
- At least two years’ work experience involving in-depth financial modeling and corporate valuation (most commonly investment banking, private equity, and VC, but can also be management consulting)
- Excellent financial modeling, analytical skills, and ability to understand business issues
- Strong interest in technology, entrepreneurship and venture capital
- Strong commitment to social impact and to the Fund’s double bottom line mission
- Exemplary interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
If interested, please apply here.