OpenView Partners is an expansion stage venture capital firm helping build software companies into market leaders. The investment team is looking for an Associate with a fearless attitude, a passion for tech, and the desire to understand a business, its product and the market it plays in.
As an Associate at OpenView, we look to you to identify and connect with the most exciting new software companies. We are interested to learn the stories behind these companies and what makes them tick. By building strong relationships with the founders of these companies, you will help position OpenView to lead their next round of funding.
About the role:
Identify new investment trends and opportunities
· Engage and maintain a strong dialogue with the founders of exciting new software companies through strategic outreach
· Communicate OpenView’s story and unique model to these founders and learn about their company’s vision, product and traction to determine alignment with OpenView’s focus
· Synthesize these learnings and strategize with the team on how to further advance our relationships with the best founders
Conduct Due Diligence
· Lead and coordinate deal analysis, financial modeling, and due diligence
· Survey market landscapes and determine competitive differentiation and positioning of target companies
· Prepare internal investment materials for the partners
· You have a strong passion for technology and startups
· You are highly self-motivated and driven with a track record of success
· You love learning about new things
· You are a clear communicator and you enjoy building relationships with new people
· You are a self-starter and you can prioritize tasks to maximize impact
· You work collaboratively and thrive on team interaction rather than wanting to be an “army of one”
· You are interested in understanding how a business works and what makes it unique
· You have high expectations for yourself and your professional development and want to be in an environment that fosters learning and growth
· You have experience in the technology world – whether a job, an internship or extracurricular learning
· It is evident that you’re a self-starter based on academic performance and prior professional experience and interests
If interested, please apply here.