One Way Ventures (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is an emerging seed stage venture capital fund dedicated to immigrant led ventures. One Way Ventures just held its first closing and is now hiring an Associate to support the General Partners. The Fund aspires to be the most valuable investment partner to extraordinary founders with compelling immigration stories determined to create world class companies. The Associate will have a unique opportunity to work closely with the firm’s GPs in establishing core processes for this new purpose-driven fund, as well as engage in fundamental investment activities such as deal sourcing, diligence and on-going portfolio support.
“Whatever it takes”. That’s the attitude we hope to see in our Associate, realizing that we have a small team and very ambitious plans for our fund. The Associate will be required to work out of the firm’s Boston office to support the General Partners and its portfolio companies. We look for a data driven excel aficcionado with strong analytical skills, motivated and enthusiastic self-starter requiring little supervision, with a passion to source, diligence and support immigrant founded early stage startup companies. A confident, positive, high-energy Associate with a personality that thrives in culturally diverse environments will also join us in building a community of immigrant founders that will help each other in meaningful ways.
- Deal sourcing: Be our ears and eyes and the firm’s best ambassador in the startup ecosystem (think Boston and beyond). Objective is to identify and cultivate relationships with early stage management teams building the next great immigrant led ventures.
- Marketing: Build presence through social media and targeted fund building / awareness activities.
- Network with peers in other venture firms, accelerators, incubators, and organizations in order to generate superior deal flow
- Deal screening: Call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: Summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM, prepare internal investment forms
- Due Diligence: Assist GPs in gathering information from the target company and industry experts, potential competitors, and technical/business consultants that can evaluate the technology including IP.
- Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Fundraising: Support the General Partners in identifying, tracking, and nurturing new investor leads for the fund’s final closing target
- Think outside the box. Independently come up with new duties, responsibilities, and initiatives with the ultimate goal of building One Way Ventures to be the best it can be, always!
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE — MUST
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced function
- Some experience with financial modeling
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Keynote/Powerpoint presentations
- Fluency with creating content in social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Startup experience
- Design skills
If interested, please contact at email@example.com