As a venture associate you will explore new project opportunities for numo. In this role you match unsolved business problems with emerging technologies and research IP. Our ideal venture associate is a creative thinker and explorer that dives into details to uncover high growth opportunities. Ultimately the venture associate creates succinct project pitches & presents them to numo senior staff for funding consideration. Ideas are mostly sourced from industry experts inside of banking and academic researchers. A venture associate develops expertise in current industry gaps and sees gaps that no one is talking about.
You will manage a pipeline of ideas that will be centered around the commercial banking for middle market clients (real estate, utilities, healthcare, government, higher education and not-for-profit entities) to include: treasury management, capital markets, trading, investment banking, institutional asset products, retirement services, corporate & institutional lending, equity finance, and international banking services.
- Lead selection process of most promising ideas for development and pitch ideas to senior leadership weekly
- Gather industry information and assess market landscapes
- Articulate thoughtful analyses into recommendations/business cases for development
- Build relationships with academics, consultants, line of business, and subject matter experts
- Conduct due diligence, operational metrics assessments, competitive analysis, product and technology evaluation, reference calls, and financial and exit modeling
- Proactively search for sources of prospect mentors, advisers, partners and applicants
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, computer science or related field preferred
- MBA or other post graduate work preferred
- Prior experience in VCs, startups, or consulting
- Prior experience in banking with knowledge of banking operations and regulations is a plus
- Project evaluation experience
- Financial modeling proficiency
- Technology assessment and industry commercialization experience
- Ability to crisply and concisely convey complex information
- Self-starter with technology background
- Ability to work independently and drive multiple dynamic projects
- Willingness to to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a focus on execution
Who we are
numo creates software for the financial services industry. We are a team of technologists, designers, business thinkers, and academics that create software and data products. The model is unique. We build innovative consumer and enterprise software in house by applying cutting edge approaches, technology, and data analysis techniques to financial service opportunities. Through academic and corporate partnerships, we source our project ideas by understanding immediate business challenges at PNC. We work directly with staff inside the bank to build products that will create immediate value for PNC we architect products so that they can be spun off into standalone companies.
If interested, please apply here.