As a venture associate you will explore new project opportunities for numo. In this role you match unsolved business problems with emerging technologies and research IP. Our ideal venture associate is a creative thinker and explorer that dives into details to uncover high growth opportunities. Ultimately the venture associate creates succinct project pitches & presents them to numo senior staff for funding consideration. Ideas are mostly sourced from industry experts inside of banking and academic researchers. A venture associate develops expertise in current industry gaps and sees gaps that no one is talking about.
We are looking for candidates with experience across multiple financial services areas to include:
- Commercial Banking for middle market clients (government, real estate, utilities, healthcare, and non-profit entities) to include: treasury management, capital markets, investment banking, institutional assets, retirement services, corporate & institutional lending, and international banking
- Wealth Management to include: investments, wealth planning, trust and estate administration and private banking
- Retail and Consumer Banking to include: deposits, lending, credit card, investment services, care centers, cash management and digital/mobile banking.
- Lead selection process of most promising ideas for development and pitch ideas to senior leadership
- Gather industry information and assess market landscapes
- Articulate thoughtful analyses into recommendations/business cases for development
- Build relationships with academics, consultants, line of business, and subject matter experts
- Conduct due diligence, operational metrics assessments, competitive analysis, product and technology evaluation, reference calls, and financial and exit modeling
- Proactively search for sources of prospect mentors, advisers, partners and applicants
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, computer science or related field preferred
- MBA or other post graduate work preferred
- Prior experience in VCs, startups, or consulting
- Prior experience in banking with knowledge of banking operations and regulations is a plus
- Project evaluation experience
- Financial modeling proficiency
- Technology assessment and industry commercialization experience
- Ability to crisply and concisely convey complex information
- Self-starter with technology background
- Ability to work independently and drive multiple dynamic projects
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a focus on execution
If interested, please apply here.