The Associate role at NWE is a critical driver of the investment process, primarily responsible for producing effective content and accurate investment analysis. Associates engage with the entire investment team to drive equity value creation in our portfolio. Associates leverage the firm’s resources responsibly, deliver analysis and insight effectively for the investment team, and are strong external representatives of the firm.
NWE places significant responsibility in the role, the Associate participates in all aspects of our investment process with the following fundamental responsibilities:
- Drives production of key investment process deliverables including financial models, investment memos and strategic research
- Portfolio company reporting on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc basis
- Critical thinking around processes: consistently seeks more effective ways to execute investment analysis and portfolio company performance
- Industry expertise: develops knowledge and brings curiosity about all NWE sectors; proactively tracks and researches companies and industry trends, contributes perspective and insights to senior team members
- Drives investment evaluation: ensures deadlines are met and keeps deal teams focused on deliverables
- Builds effective relationships with portfolio company management teams: improves NWE relationship with management in all interactions
- Takes time to learn about management strengths and growth areas while consistently building relationships based on trust and communication
- Manages upwards with concise, thoughtful and clear communication with NWE’s senior team, portfolio company leadership and external parties regarding expectations and timelines
- Proven ability and enthusiasm to work in an entrepreneurial, multi-cultural environment
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in a deal-making, investment environment (e.g. investment bank, private equity, corporate development group)
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills including confident facility with three statement, DCF, comparables, and returns models
- Intellectual curiosity and excellent critical thinking capabilities
- Maturity, curiosity, resilience and good judgement
- Strong academic and professional performance record
The Associate will report to an individual at the Principal or Partner level.
If interested, please apply here.