NextWorld is hiring an Associate to be an integral member of the investment team. You will work directly with the General Partners to support the investment process including sourcing, due diligence, deal closing, and both creation and articulation of the investment thesis. It’s a great opportunity for an extraordinary individual to help identify, partner with, and build the next generation of category-leading enterprise technology companies.
The Associate’s responsibilities include:
- Develop an astute point of view on the investment opportunities NextWorld should be pursuing, create market landscapes, source exciting companies, and articulate thoughtful analyses and recommendations to the partnership.
- Build relationships with leading startups and generating high-quality deal flow by meeting with entrepreneurs and representing the firm at industry events.
- Manage the due diligence process and drive operational metrics assessments, competitive analysis, product and technology evaluation, reference calls, and financial and exit modeling.
- Work with portfolio companies on select projects including research projects, competitor analysis, valuation work, and platform development.
- Contribute to building the NextWorld brand and platform including writing blog posts, hosting podcasts, and presenting at NextWorld events.
- 2-4 years of prior experience in venture capital, startups, or established tech companies (preferably in product, corporate development, or business development), or investment banking.
- Collaborative style, high energy, strong networking skills, and the entrepreneurial spirit to expand the platform of a growing top-tier venture firm.
- Passionate about enterprise technologies and emerging startups.
- Financial modeling proficiency, analytical ability, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and drive multiple dynamic projects.
- Track record of academic and professional success. Technical degrees such as CS or EE preferred but not required.
- Experience working with European companies and knowledge of European languages are a plus.
If interested, please apply here.