Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for technology startups. With more than 170M Euro under management, Speedinvest works side-by-side with early-stage entrepreneurs to build great companies. Thanks to our hands-on model, our global partner network and our operations in Silicon Valley, we have managed to become one of the main focal points for the European startup community. Speedinvest has successfully invested in companies such as Shpock, Tourradar, Wefox, Bitmovin, Wikifolio and others. Through our focus fund strategy, we offer a unique value propositions to our founders and LPs alike: Our experts have deep, specialized industry knowhow that they put to work for our portfolio companies.
About Speedinvest x
Speedinvest Network Effects – in short Speedinvest x – is a vertical focus fund under the Speedinvest umbrella investing 50M EUR into early stage startups driven by strong network effects. In combination with the horizontal 93M EUR Speedinvest II Fund we invest up to 1M EUR tickets into European and North American platforms, marketplaces and technologies that enable them. Our team of 7 is an integral part of the entire Speedinvest team based in our offices in Vienna, Munich, Berlin, Moscow, London and Silicon Valley. We focus on pre-Seed and Seed-stage investments and like to get our hands dirty by being operationally involved with our portfolio companies.
As a Speedinvest x Associate based in either Vienna, Munich, Berlin or London, depending on your network and location, you will play an active role in investments from start to finish. You will be responsible for trend scouting, deal sourcing and due diligence for investment opportunities including financial modelling, market research and more. Furthermore, you will support in monitoring of the existing portfolio companies and in providing them with the operational support they need and that we strive to deliver.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Source and screen companies relevant to our investment hypothesis
- Perform in-depth operational, financial and commercial due diligence
- Calculate captables and perform company valuations
- Prepare summary materials and present investment recommendations in deal meetings
- Actively monitor portfolio companies and help with key strategic projects
- Represent Speedinvest x at conferences and other events
- Supervise junior analysts and coach them
- Overall support for Partners including administrative duties such as reporting, meeting preparations, major events and other tasks
- For this position we are looking for individuals with knowledge in and passion for marketplaces, platforms, direct-to-consumer e-commerce and, generally speaking, all things network effects.
- When you hear the word “virality coefficient” the first thing you think of is not a highly contagious disease. You eat and breathe network effects.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience: We highly value previous experience as an operator in a startup or tech company – preferably a marketplace or platform business. Experience as a founder is a big plus.
- Experience in strongly analytical positions such as Consulting, Investment Banking, Venture Capital or similar are highly beneficial.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in business, natural science, finance or engineering.
- Exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail combined with the ability to take an entrepreneurial approach when needed.
- Capacity to build and maintain a professional network in the European startup ecosystem.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal. Additionally, fluency in one other language. German is a plus but not a must.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization. You possess a “can-do” attitude and take initiative.
- Dedicated work ethic, a genuine interest in technology and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
- Coding / Programming skills are a plus.
What we offer to you
- A competitive salary and further monetary, performance-based benefits
- A diverse, driven, young team that shares the same passion
- Work in an inspiring environment directly with senior partners and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Opportunities to work out of one of our other offices
- An amazing learning opportunity both analytically but also on a personal and entrepreneurial level – build out your personal network!
- This role is an excellent entry into the world of venture capital and technology startups e.g. our alumni are now working in leading positions in our portfolio companies or have become founders of their own companies
- Opportunities to travel across Europe
- The ability to be an early employee of a team that is taking a different approach to Venture Capital and be a first mover in this market
If interested, please apply here.