We have invested in more than 50 companies and focus on technology-enabled sectors where the UK produces world-leading talent. MMC has £220 million under management, and invests ~£35 million annually.
Our portfolio includes Gousto, NewVoiceMedia, Sky-Futures, Appear Here, Tyres on the Drive, Mastered, Interactive Investor, Bloom & Wild, MUBI, Signal Media, StoryStream and Love Home Swap.
We are a team of 19 based in Kensington, London.
The Associate role
This is an opportunity to join a high-performing, growing investment team. You will be working on investments in some of the most talented entrepreneurs and exciting digital companies in the UK, as well as helping support those companies post-investment.
The key functions for the role will include:
- Identifying, reviewing and assessing new investment opportunities and being a key point of contact with entrepreneurs
- Supporting investment processes and due diligence, working closely with the Partner leading the deal
- Building a network within the early stage tech community, and leveraging that network for the benefit of MMC and our portfolio
- Working with our Head of Research on projects to deliver insight on markets and trends, and working on ad hoc projects for portfolio companies
We offer a structured two-year Associate programme, with the opportunity to progress to Investment Manager or another role within our firm or one of our portfolio companies.
- Two to three years of relevant commercial experience – this might include from VC or PE, strategy consulting, M&A, corporate development, accelerators or founder/commercial/product roles in a startup or tech business
- Digital-savvy, always curious to learn and excited about new technology and the way our world is changing – you’re probably an early adopter
- Data-driven with strong analytical and spreadsheet-wrangling skills
- A good communicator who builds relationships with people easily, with a high degree of openness and self-awareness
- Experience researching markets and technologies and preparing concise, structured reports and presentations
- A good degree from a leading university
This role will require a real self-starter who is exceptionally good at prioritising and multi-tasking, both individually and in a team environment. You must be comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change, and able to cut through complexity to form a view quickly. Clear, rational and well-judged decision-making is a must.
If interested, please apply here.