MicroVentures, a leading equity crowdfunding platform, is seeking an Deal Flow Associate to support our private investment opportunities. In this role, you will meet with founders of private companies and source deal flow for our platform. This may be a remote position with the candidate residing within the United States.
- Generating deal flow of investment opportunities- find interesting companies to meet and projects to follow based on qualitative and quantitative signals, market theses, and a network of key relationships
- Assisting in the venture capital investment process. Specifically, the associate will work with the VP to identify investment prospects, review business plans, perform due diligence on prospect companies, research industries and competitors
- Traveling and attending industry conferences
- Maintain and nurture relationships with influential people in the startup world in order to both source deals as well as solicit expert input on a given topic
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business is preferred and a graduate degree is a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in a demanding work environment such as management consulting, investment bank, or venture capital
- Genuine curiosity, intellectual horsepower, desire and proven ability to learn new domains & technologies quickly
- Demonstrated passion for technology/startups/consumer internet
- Hands-on experience with Investor or other portfolio management databases used in the industry a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced & rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter, accountable, able to initiate projects and work independently
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in getting results and answers
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Healthcare, dental, disability
- 401(k) + match
- Company equity
- A challenging, fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Fully stocked break room
If interested, please apply here.