We’re looking for a collaborative investor to join our team who is as passionate about helping build the next generation of enterprise cloud companies as we are. This is an ideal position for someone with 2+ years of experience who is looking to get a few years of experience on the investing side before heading back into operations at a tech company or pursue an MBA. The position will be based in San Francisco, but will include travel to wherever the most exciting startups are located, as well as attendance at events, and more. We place a premium on diversity of ideas and are excited to add new perspectives to our team.
Microsoft Ventures (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is the corporate venture capital arm of Microsoft focused on early-stage investments enabling a mobile-first, cloud-first future, spanning big data & analytics, business SaaS, cloud infrastructure, AI & machine learning, productivity, and security. We are honored to have backed teams at 40+ great companies since launching the fund in 2016. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 11 investment team members across San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Tel Aviv, and London.
- Direct support to partners across a broad range of initiatives / deliverables
- Assist in the investment process from initial meeting to due diligence
- Research and develop intelligence on emerging trends and disruptive companies
- Create thesis-driven market map analyses identifying incumbents, differentiations and emerging leaders
- Prepare written materials, including due diligence summaries, investment memoranda and portfolio reporting
- Build financial models for business cases to support investment decisions
- Coordinate internal operations such as weekly roundup meetings, CRM, research databases
- Source new early stage investments by developing strong relationships with founders, peer VCs and advisors
- Outstanding academic achievement in a technical or quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience, including investment banking, (management) consulting, corporate development, venture capital, or private equity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Foundational analytical and data synthesizing capabilities in Excel and PowerPoint
- Curiosity and interest in enterprise technology and entrepreneurship
- Ability to manage, collaborate and work successfully in a lean team environment without a formal training program and with limited supervision
- Superior work ethic, self-driven with attention to detail and follow-through
If interested, please apply here.