MassMutual Ventures (MMV) is a team within MassMutual that is making venture capital investments in financial technology and enterprise software companies. MMV is led by three experienced Managing Directors and has begun investing out of its second $100M fund.
MMV backs early and growth stage startup companies that are transforming the insurance and investment services markets through technology and business model innovation. The fund’s key areas of investment focus include fintech, data analytics, cybersecurity, digital health, and enterprise software. MMV invest in companies that have the potential to create significant value through product innovation and focused execution. Our portfolio companies are listed on our website: http://www.massmutualventures.com.
This role will focus on assisting the MMV team in monitoring and supporting the fund’s portfolio companies, providing strategic introductions to MassMutual operating businesses, and sourcing and analyzing new investment opportunities.
- Support the team in monitoring and analyzing performance of existing portfolio companies
- Participate in sourcing and diligencing new investment opportunities
- Conduct market and competitive research on industries and companies within segments of interest to MMV
- Help author investment memoranda including building financial projections and valuation models
- 2-4 years of experience in a startup, investing, consulting or investment banking firm
- Understanding of the startup and VC investing ecosystem
- Understanding of and excitement about technology, ideally including knowledge of enterprise software, fintech, consumer or digital health sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker who is intellectually curious and a self-starter
- Aptitude for sourcing deals and networking
- Maturity and strong work ethic
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel: 3-4 days / month
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially proficiency with MS Excel
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- 3-5 years of investing experience
- Skilled a building financial models
- Capable of sourcing new investment opportunities
If interested, please apply here.