Manulife’s (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) Investment Division manages the Company’s General Fund on-balance sheet assets and through Manulife Asset Management, manages assets for institutional clients and investment funds in key markets around the world. Manulife Asset Management also provides investment management services to affiliates’ retail clients through product offerings of Manulife and John Hancock.
The Division manages a broad range of investments including public and private bonds, public and private equities, mortgages, real estate, oil and gas, infrastructure, timberland, farmland and asset allocation strategies. The Division has physical presence in key international financial centres, including the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, the United Kingdom, Australia and throughout South East Asia.
The Investment Associate, Venture Capital role is an integral support function to the Director as they assess new transactions, monitor portfolio companies and developments in targeted industries. This position is responsible for industry research and comprehensive technology startup company due diligence.
This position assists Manulife Capital in developing and maintaining a standard approach to the analysis and valuation of investment opportunities.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Collect analyst reports on selected industries and periodically prepares industry reports which identify trends, key financial ratios, and performance measures as background for prospective investments.
- Meet with prospective startup portfolio companies and complete in-depth company due diligence.
- Financial modeling to support the analysis and diligence of prospective invested companies.
- Help build and maintain relationships with the broader technology startup ecosystem.
- Complete quarterly and annual reviews, risk ratings, and collateral valuations on all portfolio companies.
- Bachelor of Commerce or Engineering degree, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in transaction services, consulting, technology startups, or investment banking.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills in a fast-faced, multi-tasking environment.
If interested, please apply here.