We are looking for a candidate with one or two years of investment banking, private equity / venture capital, or management consulting experience who would be excited to join Lorient Capital at the Analyst/Associate level. As part of a small investment team, the person will be critical to each stage of the investment process, including deal sourcing, financial modeling, due diligence, transaction execution, and portfolio monitoring.
The candidate must exhibit extremely strong quantitative and modeling skills, be self-motivated and be able to adapt to several different roles. As one of a small team, the candidate will have a unique opportunity to help build the firm and work closely with senior professionals and the management teams of portfolio companies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Identifying and screening potential investments
• Developing and maintaining financial and operational models (including LBOs & add-on acquisitions)
• Conducting due diligence on new potential investments and their associated industries
• Drafting investment memorandum
• Executing transactions (including transaction structuring, documentation and financing)
• Meeting with existing and prospective management teams
• Monitoring portfolio companies and assisting them with add-on acquisitions, budget planning, strategic and quantitative analyses
• Industry and business research
In addition, the candidate will possess the following skills:
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Excellent computer skills (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• A high level of initiative
• The ability to work as a team member
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Ideal candidates have a BA/BS with demonstrated coursework in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or related subjects, and 1 to 2 years of work experience in investment banking, private equity / venture capital, or management consulting. Ties to Michigan are preferred.
If interested, please apply here.