The Investment Associate is responsible for helping source and evaluate new deals for LaunchCapital. (linkedin, crunchbase)
This role is a key member of the LaunchCapital team, which focuses on investing in seed and early stage companies across industries.
The Associate sources and diligences companies for investment. You’ll have the following goals:
1. Sourcing Deals: You’ll identify new companies to invest in, both through strategic sourcing projects and direct sourcing.
- Research companies, industries, and accelerators, and build relationships/partnerships to help find great entrepreneurs who we should support.
- Engage with founders at industry events and meetings, and be present and helpful for founders who are building excellent early stage companies.
2. Investment Analysis: You’ll diligence companies, including evaluating founder and team, as well as business opportunity, execution and plans.
- Work directly with the founding team, speak with customers, consult with experts, analyze financials and plans, research the industry and competitive dynamics, evaluate deal terms, and more.
- Support investment analysis by the VP, MD, or Senior Investors on various deals, and take on additional direct responsibility for analysis as you develop your capabilities.
We’re a small team that does ~20 new deals per year, so this Associate will be asked to hold substantial responsibility over time.
We envision this role as rotational, meaning after two or so years it’ll likely make sense to transition to a leadership role at a startup, to another venture capital firm, or to an MBA or other postgraduate education.
This position is based in our headquarters in New Haven, CT. It requires regular travel to NYC and Boston.
Who We’re Looking For
You’re a top-notch performer who is passionate about start-ups and meeting great entrepreneurs. You hustle, you network, and you love learning about new businesses and industries. You’re also sharp and thoughtful – such that you can identify what’s core about a business and synthesize diverse information into a reasonable perspective.
We’re very open to excellent candidates no matter their background of particular experience.
It’s probably helpful to have experience in a start-up and/or experience at a management consulting firm, at an investment bank, or in a related internal role at an organization.
Please consider the following attributes:
- 1-5 years or more of full-time work experience
- Evidence of passion for entrepreneurship, with startup experience a plus but not required
- Combination of strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and open-mindedness to new ideas
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
We’re looking for someone who can not only do the above but take the role to the next level.
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated on a rolling basis.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your Resume
- Cover Letter
- Social Links (LinkedIn, Twitter, personal blogs etc.) anything else that you think will help us to get to know you better
- In 200 words or less, tell us about a company we should consider investing in, and why.