The Associate will assist senior management to evaluate new business building opportunities in private companies while providing support to existing portfolio companies. The Associate will also perform quantitative and qualitative analyses such as: market research, strategic evaluation, financial modeling, and company/management due diligence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support senior management to evaluate and pursue new investment and business building opportunities.
- Assist in performing detailed market research, due diligence, and business analysis.
- Support the preparation of investment case documents and assist in valuation and deal terms negotiation.
- Assist in monitoring and supporting Kupanda Capital’s portfolio companies: compiling and analyzing monthly, quarterly, and annual financials and qualitative performance summaries from portfolio companies.
- Provide on-site assistance to the businesses when needed; participating in calls with management; evaluating exit opportunities when they arise; provide a wide range of administrative and general support.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the firm to gather information necessary to support investment decisions across various strategies.
As a lean, entrepreneurial company, flexibility and willingness to pitch in wherever needed is critical.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Highly motivated, results-oriented individual with a proactive and creative approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize multiple, competing priorities with consistent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a small team
- Demonstrated interest or previous experience working in Africa and/or a start-up environment is preferred but not required.
- Competitive, market-based salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commitment to work/life balance
- Opportunities for career advancement
If interested, please apply here.