Capturing tomorrow’s opportunities means embracing disruption and transformation today. Koch Disruptive Technologies (KDT) invests in principled entrepreneurs across a range of industries who are building transformative companies that are changing the world.
KDT is seeking an Investment Associate who will help build the Venture Portfolio. This will include evaluating early stage startups in cases where markets may not yet be established. A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experienced founder in a tech company or background in the Venture Capital
- Ability to screen, diligence, and research early stage teams and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and financial abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and willing to dive into strategic planning with founders
- Open-minded, futuristic thinker who fosters collaboration and curiosity
The core investment team is located in Wichita, KS. While there is flexibility to be remote, preference will be given to locations that have strong startup communities, including:
- Silicon Valley/Bay Area
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Assist deal teams with evaluating opportunities, including industry research, competitive analysis, and identifying market dynamics
- Financial modeling and analysis for unprecedented products and business models
- Preparing presentations on potential investments for senior management that articulate team strength, valuation assessment, range of outcomes-based return profile, potential synergies, and risks
- Support portfolio management, including tracking bets and conducting sell-hold analyses
- Assuming responsibility for 100% compliance with the laws, regulations, company policy, and industry standards applicable to this role
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, finance, accounting, economics, or computer science
- 2+ years of work experience at a venture capital, technology company, investment bank, private equity group or family office with deal-oriented financial and analysis experience
- 2+ years of experience evaluating and conducting due diligence on emerging technology platforms
- Proven experience in Excel, including advanced functions, and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed (up to 25%)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in technology related industries or the application of technology in industry
- Strong experience in early or growth stage investing
- Founded a technology startup and has a strong network in the venture capital space
- Experience with investment valuation techniques
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Learn more about us
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
If interested, please apply here.